Rare & Iconic Film & TV Memorabilia Auctioned On 02 December In The UK
Over 900 Lots Sold For An Incredible £4.3M ($5.8M) At Prop Store’s Auction.
Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies has today announced the results from the largest annual live auction of film and TV memorabilia in the UK, with items on offer fetching in excess of £4.3m ($5.8m).
Prop Store’s unique Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction was held over two days (Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd December 2020) at their UK headquarters in Hertfordshire.
Hundreds of bidders from around the world gathered at the Prop Store’s live auction, which achieved outstanding results over 20 hours of exciting and intensive bidding. Over 900 rare and iconic lots were sold during Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction.
Notable sales included (sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium):
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi’s (Ewan McGregor) Hero Lightsaber from STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH (2005) sold for £150,000 ($201,000)
2. R. Giger-designed Special Effects Mechanical Alien Head from ALIEN (1979) sold for £62,500 ($83,750)
3. Joker’s (Jack Nicholson) Fedora from BATMAN (1989) sold for £37,500 ($50,250)
4. James Bond’s (Daniel Craig) MI6 Training Suit from JAMES BOND: SKYFALL (2012) sold for £18,750 ($25,125)
5. Pete “Maverick” Mitchell’s (Tom Cruise) Bomber Jacket from TOP GUN (1986) sold for £50,000 ($67,000)
6. Jareth’s (David Bowie) Crystal Ball, Autographed Photos, Tickets and Card from LABYRINTH (1986) sold for £20,000 ($26,800)
7. Buck Russell’s (John Candy) Bowling Ball from UNCLE BUCK (1989) sold for £28,125 ($37,688)
8. Light-Up Remote-control R2-S8 Droid from STAR WARS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) sold for £150,000 ($201,000)
9. Neo’s (Keanu Reeves) Complete Costume from THE MATRIX RELOADED (2003) sold for £62,500 ($83,750)
10. Vivian Ward’s (Julia Roberts) Boots from PRETTY WOMAN (1990) sold for £31,250 ($41,875)
11. Tyler Durden’s (Brad Pitt) Photo-Matched Red Leather Jacket from FIGHT CLUB (1999) sold for £40,625 ($54,437)
12. Captain Jack Sparrow’s (Johnny Depp) Pirate Hat from PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (2011) sold for £20,000 ($26,800)
13. Captain Miller’s (Tom Hanks) Cast-autographed Hero Helmet from SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (1998) sold for £20,000 ($26,800)
14. Marty McFly’s (Michael J. Fox) 2015 Jacket from BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II (1989) sold for £23,750 ($31,825)
15. Maximus’ (Russell Crowe) Stunt Arena Shield from GLADIATOR (2000) sold for £8,750 ($11,725)
16. David Dunn’s (Bruce Willis) FSU Security Costume from UNBREAKABLE (2000) sold for £11,875 ($15,913)
17. Joker’s (Heath Ledger) Neck Tie from THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) sold for £16,250 ($21,775)
18. Katniss Everdeen’s (Jennifer Lawrence) Combat Costume and Disguise Cloak from THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 2 (2015) sold for £6,250 ($8,375)
19. Peter Banning’s (Robin Williams) Pan Costume from HOOK (1991) sold for £15,000 ($20,100)
20. Hero Dagger of Megiddo from THE OMEN (1976) sold for £68,750 ($92,125)
21. Eva Perón’s (Madonna) Hat from EVITA (1996) sold for £2,500 ($3,350)
22. Ramirez’s (Sean Connery) Katana from HIGHLANDER (1986) sold for £50,000 ($67,000)
Some of the least expensive lots in the auction included a set of Christopher Lee On-set Photographs from James Bond classic, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (1974) which sold for £500 ($670), and a Combined Continuity Script from ROCKY (1976) sold for £563 ($754).
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO commented on the auction: “After what has been an uncertain and unpredictable year, we are absolutely thrilled with the results of our seventh annual London Live Auction. It is clear that the love for the classic films has not diminished and we saw some spectacular results across both days. We are looking forward to seeing what our next event in Los Angeles next Spring will bring.”